top of page
Doddridge County Courthouse
In 1845 the very first county court in Doddridge County was held in a brick house that belonged to Nathan and Jane Davis. The first official courthouse was built in 1849 and was in use until 1881. A new courthouse was built in 1881 and burned down November 27, 1898. The three and a half story brick and stone Romanesque Revival style courthouse that now sits majestically overlooking the town of West Union was designed by architect J. Charles Fulton and completed around 1903.
The first picture is of the courthouse that burned down in 1898. Below are photographs of the current courthouse over the years.
bottom of page